- Published: 10 November 2021 10 November 2021
The proposed improvements include:
- Grind off the top layer of asphalt pavement
- Add new asphalt pavement
- Replace sections of curb with new concrete
- Add paint to include bike lanes
- Reduce the width of the travel lanes
This resurfacing project provides an opportunity to improve the overall safety along the corridor and bring this street more in line with city policies and goals. These segments of W 58th Street and Sunrise Drive are identified as a low stress bicycle corridor.
The goals of this project include:
- Improve overall safety along the corridor for all users
- Enhance comfort and predictability of all users
- Support existing and future bicycle demand and improve bicycle network connectivity
Additional information can be found on the project webpage: https://www.minneapolismn.gov/government/projects/58th-st-w/.