KNA coordinates several events through the year such as the Annual Meeting (April), Kenny/Armatage Garage Sales (May), Kenny Ice Cream Social (June), the Kickin' Back at Kenny Summer Festival and Kickball Tournament (July) and the Buckthorn Bust (October/November).
We will also be scheduling several smaller scale networking events. Keep reading below and check back regularly for updates.
You can check out our Events Calendar by clicking here.
We also have photos from past events here.
- Published: 17 April 2019 17 April 2019
We’re changing with the times and updating the way we support the neighborhood garage sales. We’re making it easier for both of us and cheaper for you!
- Registration for the garage sales will now take place ONLINE (no more paper forms, envelopes and stamps!)
- There will be NO CHARGE to register and host a garage sale.
- Provide your address and a brief description of your sale.
- New this year: you can indicate whether your sale will be on Saturday (6/1) only or if you would like to add the optional day of Friday (5/31). Maps will be coded to indicate which sales are one day only and which ones are two-day.
- Maps will be available to download and print directly from the website; hard copies of maps will be available at both Kenny and Armatage Recreation Centers starting on May 28. Maps will no longer be delivered to your house.
- Kenny and Armatage Neighborhood Associations will place an ad in the Star Tribune as well as post on their websites and multiple social media sites, such as Craigslist and Nextdoor.
To participate, register your garage sale by Thursday, May 23.
- Published: 29 March 2019 29 March 2019
Please mark your calendars and plan to join us for our annual meeting!
Tuesday, April 16
6:30-7 p.m.: networking and refreshments
7-8:30 p.m.: Annual Meeting
Anthony Middle School Cafeteria (enter on the lower level)
Meeting Theme: Safety and Security in Your Home
Please join Kenny Neighborhood Association (KNA) for an evening of celebration and education about the safety and security of your home. We’ll also have updates from KNA, our Council Member and elected officials.
HOME SAFETY AND SECURITY: Minneapolis 5th Precinct Inspector Kathy Waite, Crime Prevention Specialist Jennifer Waisanen and KNA Board Member Carol Martinson will present information on the most effective ways (both free and low cost) to protect your home and property.
NEW! SAFETY AND SECURITY GRANT REBATE PROGRAM: KNA will be launching a residential safety and security grant program; we will reimburse up to the first $100 of eligible safety and security improvements you make to your home.
A community vote will be taken to support a Priority Plan for the safety and security grants as well as a Plan Modification to support funding reallocations for the security grants, raingarden grants and ongoing school support.
- Published: 08 January 2019 08 January 2019
Fri., Feb. 1
Kenny Park Skating Rink
Join us down at Kenny Park for the annual Fire & Ice Skating Party!! Grab your mittens and hat for this outdoor neighborhood celebration.
Enjoy a night of skating to music on the ice with family and friends! Help keep warm with hot chocolate and bonfire.No registration
required, just come on down! Please note: We have a limited amount of free skates & sizes available to wear.
While you're there, check out the new Skate Trainers that Kenny Neighborhood Association built and donated to the park!
- Published: 19 September 2018 19 September 2018
Tues., Oct. 16
The second draft of the 2040 Minneapolis Comprehensive Plan will be released by Sept. 29 at the latest. Ward 13 Council Member Linea Palmisano has agreed to hold discussions with each of the 7 neighborhoods she represents regarding the second draft and its recommendations.
Kenny and Armatage neighborhood associations hold their regular, monthly meetings on the same night; in order to not short change either neighborhood’s engagement or discussion, we have agreed to a combined meeting in order to allow for a thorough and unrushed discussion.
KNA will still hold its regular Board meeting on Oct. 16, but it will be in the small meeting room at ARMATAGE Park starting at 6 p.m. and then we will adjourn and move to the multipurpose room at 7:15 p.m. for the 2040 discussion.
We hope you will join us and your Armatage neighbors for this important update and discussion.
- Published: 06 August 2018 06 August 2018
Dusk (approx. 8:30 p.m.)
Join us for a movie under the stars! We'll be serving up popcorn and lemonade. Hope you can join us.
"Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family's ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer."