KNA coordinates several events through the year such as the Annual Meeting (April), Kenny/Armatage Garage Sales (May), Kenny Ice Cream Social (June), the Kickin' Back at Kenny Summer Festival and Kickball Tournament (July) and the Buckthorn Bust (October/November).
We will also be scheduling several smaller scale networking events. Keep reading below and check back regularly for updates.
You can check out our Events Calendar by clicking here.
We also have photos from past events here.
- Published: 20 June 2019 20 June 2019
We have made the difficult decision to CANCEL the Kenny Ice Cream Social tonight. The weather forecast is calling for rain and possible thunderstorms all afternoon and through the dinner hour. Kenny Park only has a small building and cannot provide shelter in case of emergency. Your safety is important to us and we just can’t take a chance that we would put anyone in a dangerous situation. We had to make this call early enough in the day to be able to give adequate notice to the Crosstown Community Band, Sebastian Joe’s, volunteers, etc. We will look at the calendar and try to reschedule this awesome event. Sorry for any inconvenience – we are sad to have to cancel.
- Published: 04 June 2019 04 June 2019
Thurs., June 20
Get ready for a great night down at Kenny Park!
Kenny Neighborhood Association will be serving up FREE cones or cups of Sebastian Joe's ice cream. Kenny Park will be serving popcorn. Crosstown Community Band will be performing a selection of crowd-friendly concert music.
Ice cream sponsored by City Church.
Everything is free- hope you can join us.
- Published: 30 May 2019 30 May 2019
The Kenny/Armatage Garage sales will be held on 5/31 and 6/1. Check maps for which sales are both days and which are only Saturday.
Click here for a live link Google map with brief sale descriptions.
Attached below are a map and address/description listings for each sale that you can download and print. Limited hard copies of the map and listings will be at both Armatage and Kenny Parks by 3 p.m. on May 30.
- Published: 09 May 2019 09 May 2019
Explore your neighborhood and local businesses as you bike, walk, or roll on streets closed to vehicle traffic and opened up to community!
11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sun., June 2
Lyndale Ave S (22nd to 54th Streets)
Open Streets Lyndale gives residents an opportunity to explore their neighborhood and local businesses in a safe, fun, and family-friendly way. It encourages the use of active transportation and healthy living, and has a goal of giving residents an opportunity to rethink our streets as public space.
The Kenny, Lynnhurst and Tangletown neighborhood associations will partner to host a “Neighborhood Hub” at 53rd St. & Lyndale where visitors will be able to get information about their neighborhoods, ask questions, talk to board members and learn how to get involved. Be sure to stop by to say hello and we’ll treat you to a FREE sno-cone and bag of popcorn! We will also be hosting a Kid Zone with a fun art activity and the hand-built band organ will be back again this year.
Come wander the Open Streets and have some fun!
For more information: https://www.openstreetsmpls.org/lyndale
- Published: 17 April 2019 17 April 2019
We’re changing with the times and updating the way we support the neighborhood garage sales. We’re making it easier for both of us and cheaper for you!
- Registration for the garage sales will now take place ONLINE (no more paper forms, envelopes and stamps!)
- There will be NO CHARGE to register and host a garage sale.
- Provide your address and a brief description of your sale.
- New this year: you can indicate whether your sale will be on Saturday (6/1) only or if you would like to add the optional day of Friday (5/31). Maps will be coded to indicate which sales are one day only and which ones are two-day.
- Maps will be available to download and print directly from the website; hard copies of maps will be available at both Kenny and Armatage Recreation Centers starting on May 30. Maps will no longer be delivered to your house.
- Kenny and Armatage Neighborhood Associations will place an ad in the Star Tribune as well as post on their websites and multiple social media sites, such as Craigslist and Nextdoor.
To participate, register your garage sale by Tuesday, May 28.