KNA coordinates several events through the year such as the Annual Meeting (April), Kenny/Armatage Garage Sales (May), Kenny Ice Cream Social (June), the Kickin' Back at Kenny Summer Festival and Kickball Tournament (July) and the Buckthorn Bust (October/November).
We will also be scheduling several smaller scale networking events. Keep reading below and check back regularly for updates.
You can check out our Events Calendar by clicking here.
We also have photos from past events here.
- Published: 11 June 2018 11 June 2018
Thurs., June 21
Get ready for a great night down at Kenny Park!
Kenny Neighborhood Association will be serving up FREE cones or cups of Sebastian Joe's ice cream. Kenny Park will be serving popcorn. Crosstown Community Band will be performing a selection of crowd-friendly concert music.
Everything is free- hope you can join us.
- Published: 31 May 2018 31 May 2018
8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sat., June 2
Lyndale to Xerxes, 54th St. to Hwy 62
Click here for a map and addresses of sales.
Click on the attachment for a list of addresses and sale descriptions.
Maps/descriptions will also be available at some of the sales or at Armatage Recreation Center (57th & Russell).
- Published: 21 May 2018 21 May 2018
11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sun., June 10
Lyndale Ave. (54th to 22nd Sts.)
Lyndale Avenue will be closed to traffic to allow for pedestrian and cycling fun! The Open Streets Lyndale Avenue route has again been extended all the way to 54th Street – celebrate at our Neighborhood Hub and Kids Play Zone (carnival games and free play zone) at 53rd & Lyndale.
Kenny, Lynnhurst and Tangletown Neighborhood Associations have joined forces and will be giving away FREE popcorn and sno-cones (while supplies last) and will have information tables for each of our neighborhoods.
Kenny: Check out our photobook of neighborhood sites and info about KNA. Grab some free bubbles for the kids.
Lynnhurst: Tell us one improvement you would make to Lynnhurst neighborhood and get more info about our upcoming survey. Spin the wheel to win a free prize to make you safe while biking: reflective strip stickers for your bike, sunscreen for your body or ChapStick spf for your lips.
Tangletown: Free temporary tattoos, stickers and neighborhood information.
We are also hosting some special entertainment:
- Tom’s Carousel Bandwagon (by Minnehaha Creek bridge)
- Noon-2 p.m.: Pros of the Ropes: jumping rope made fun
- Interactive chalk mural artist
- Published: 21 May 2018 21 May 2018
By Steve Paquin
If you hear the sound of carousel music playing in the Kenny neighborhood this summer, you might logically assume that the ice cream truck is on its way to deliver sweet treats to the local kids. If you follow the music to its source, however, you may be in for a pleasant surprise – although you won’t end up buying a Popsicle or push-up. Instead, you’ll find yourself peering inside the ten-foot trailer that houses a mechanical musical marvel called a band organ, which was painstakingly hand-built by Kenny resident Tom Logan a decade ago.
- Published: 13 April 2018 13 April 2018
Saturday, June 2
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The annual Kenny/Armatage Garage Sales will be held on Saturday, June 2, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Our Neighborhood Garage Sale is a great way to get a lot of bang for your buck. Clear out your clutter and make a little cash! Again this year, we will partner with our friends in the Armatage Neighborhood to amp up the traffic to this event.
Your $10.00 registration fee includes:
- A general garage sale ad in the Star Tribune newspaper, website, social media and Craigslist notices.
- Your sale location will be marked on the map of sales and a packet of maps delivered to your home the day before the sale.
Register by mail:
- Fill out the registration form attached or send us a note with your name, address and sale description (may be edited).
- Include a check for $10 payable to the Kenny Neighborhood Association or KNA.
- Mail to: KNA- 5516 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55419
Questions regarding registration can be directed to the KNA by calling 612.392.4477.