- Published: 17 April 2019 17 April 2019
We’re changing with the times and updating the way we support the neighborhood garage sales. We’re making it easier for both of us and cheaper for you!
- Registration for the garage sales will now take place ONLINE (no more paper forms, envelopes and stamps!)
- There will be NO CHARGE to register and host a garage sale.
- Provide your address and a brief description of your sale.
- New this year: you can indicate whether your sale will be on Saturday (6/1) only or if you would like to add the optional day of Friday (5/31). Maps will be coded to indicate which sales are one day only and which ones are two-day.
- Maps will be available to download and print directly from the website; hard copies of maps will be available at both Kenny and Armatage Recreation Centers starting on May 30. Maps will no longer be delivered to your house.
- Kenny and Armatage Neighborhood Associations will place an ad in the Star Tribune as well as post on their websites and multiple social media sites, such as Craigslist and Nextdoor.
To participate, register your garage sale by Tuesday, May 28.
- Published: 24 April 2019 24 April 2019
Thurs., May 2
Lynnhurst Community Center
1345 W. Minnehaha Pkwy.
Snacks will be provided!
Join CM Palmisano for an evening with Transportation, Planning and Programming Director, Jenifer Hager, to discuss our city’s proposed Transportation Action Plan.
The goal of the Transportation Action Plan is to identify specific steps for the City and its partners to take to implement the transportation vision outlined in the Minneapolis Comprehensive Plan.
Currently, Public Works staff is welcoming feedback from residents and would love your participation in this process.
Check out their website at http://msptap-staging.com/ to review the plan before the meeting.
- Published: 05 April 2019 05 April 2019
The 2019 season for Minneapolis Solid Waste & Recycling collection of leaves, brush and other yard trimmings starts the week of April 8. Minneapolis Solid Waste & Recycling customers can set properly prepared yard waste at their alleys or curbs next to their garbage carts by 6 a.m. on garbage day.
Yard waste must be properly prepared for collection. Beginning on your garbage day the week of April 8, 2019 you may place yard waste out for collection. The following are accepted:
- Paper lawn and leaf bags
- BPI certified compostable plastic bags
- Reusable container (must be approximately 33 gallons in size, 26-32 inches tall, have sturdy handles and weigh no more than 40 pounds when full.
- Brush and branches bundled with string or twine. Bundles must be less than 3 feet long and weigh less than 40 pounds. Branches must be less than 3 inches in diameter.
- Published: 29 March 2019 29 March 2019
Please mark your calendars and plan to join us for our annual meeting!
Tuesday, April 16
6:30-7 p.m.: networking and refreshments
7-8:30 p.m.: Annual Meeting
Anthony Middle School Cafeteria (enter on the lower level)
Meeting Theme: Safety and Security in Your Home
Please join Kenny Neighborhood Association (KNA) for an evening of celebration and education about the safety and security of your home. We’ll also have updates from KNA, our Council Member and elected officials.
HOME SAFETY AND SECURITY: Minneapolis 5th Precinct Inspector Kathy Waite, Crime Prevention Specialist Jennifer Waisanen and KNA Board Member Carol Martinson will present information on the most effective ways (both free and low cost) to protect your home and property.
NEW! SAFETY AND SECURITY GRANT REBATE PROGRAM: KNA will be launching a residential safety and security grant program; we will reimburse up to the first $100 of eligible safety and security improvements you make to your home.
A community vote will be taken to support a Priority Plan for the safety and security grants as well as a Plan Modification to support funding reallocations for the security grants, raingarden grants and ongoing school support.
- Published: 21 March 2019 21 March 2019
The City of Minneapolis has begun working on it's 10 year Transportation Action Plan. The Plan will address such things as how we travel, different modes of transportation, safety and environmental impact. The city invites residents to attend an upcoming community workshop to collect public input on transportation-related opportunities, issues, and priorities in the city.
4-6 p.m. Tues.,
Richfield Lutheran Church
Nicollet Ave S & W. 60th St.
Here is a more detailed description as well as a list of other workshops if you are unable to make it on April 9: http://go.minneapolismn.gov/get-involved/upcoming-events