- Published: 16 May 2018 16 May 2018
The draft Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan has been released (minneapolis2040.com) and Ward 13 residents have many questions about the impact of the proposed plan as well as proposed zoning changes on the Built Form Map
Southwest High School Commons
- Published: 13 April 2018 13 April 2018
Saturday, June 2
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The annual Kenny/Armatage Garage Sales will be held on Saturday, June 2, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Our Neighborhood Garage Sale is a great way to get a lot of bang for your buck. Clear out your clutter and make a little cash! Again this year, we will partner with our friends in the Armatage Neighborhood to amp up the traffic to this event.
Your $10.00 registration fee includes:
- A general garage sale ad in the Star Tribune newspaper, website, social media and Craigslist notices.
- Your sale location will be marked on the map of sales and a packet of maps delivered to your home the day before the sale.
Register by mail:
- Fill out the registration form attached or send us a note with your name, address and sale description (may be edited).
- Include a check for $10 payable to the Kenny Neighborhood Association or KNA.
- Mail to: KNA- 5516 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55419
Questions regarding registration can be directed to the KNA by calling 612.392.4477.
- Published: 09 April 2018 09 April 2018
Wed., May 23
Southwest High School Commons
(use entrance at 47th & Beard)
The draft Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan has recently been released (www.minneapolis2040.com) and Ward 13 residents have many questions about the impact of the proposed plan. Ward 13 Council Member Linea Palmisano will host a public conversation on May 23 with a short presentation and plenty of time for Q & A. Joining her in this important discussion will be City of Minneapolis Long Range Planning Director Heather Worthington.
- Published: 28 March 2018 28 March 2018
Kenny Annual Meeting
6:30-7 p.m.: refreshments and networking
7-8:30 p.m.: Annual Meeting
Anthony Middle School Cafeteria
(enter off lower level parking lot)
Refreshments will be served
Meeting Themes: Elections and Affordable Housing
Please mark your calendars and join us for our annual celebration of Kenny Neighborhood Association and all things great about Kenny neighborhood! We will have guest speakers about City of Minneapolis elections and services and affordable housing.
Please note that the affordable housing discussion will focus on understanding what it is, how it is defined, who develops it, how Kenny can engage on the topic, etc. We chose this topic BEFORE the recent release of the Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan draft and we will NOT be covering zoning and density issues in this discussion. However, Ward 13 Councilmember Linea Palmisano is working on scheduling a separate meeting for residents to discuss the Comp Plan and issues surrounding those recommendations. The meeting is tentatively scheduled for mid-May and we will communicate more once we know a firm date.
Looking forward to seeing you on April 17!
- Published: 06 February 2018 06 February 2018
Thursday, Feb. 15
Anthony Middle School Auditorium
5757 Irving Ave S., Minneapolis
Join Anthony Middle School in celebrating 60 years of excellence! Special guest Steven DeLapp, son of the first Anthony Principal, Roland DeLapp.
Refreshments, courtesy of Kenny Neighborhood Association, will be served.